We will show you here which solutions we have developed for different sectors with concrete examples of implementation.
Rail and water transport
Fastening and conveyor technology
Gates, doors, fences
Dividing wall systems
Ribbon lighting systems
Switch cabinet technology
Cable duct systems
Supporting rails e.g. LED
Truck steel profile
How can eleven different profile cross-sections for truck steel profiles be manufactured quickly and economically?
- Shortest set-up times for economical small-batch production
- Pre-production series from completion of the tools
- Profile geometry with long legs
- The system was conceptually designed and optimised for fast set-up times. As a result, 11 different profile cross-sections are possible on one plant.
- Directly after the production of the tools, the profiles were manufactured by Profilmetall in small pilot series ex works Hirrlingen, while the customer’s own roll forming plant was still under construction. thus, truck profiles could be delivered to the customers even before the completion of the plant.
- High-strength steel with a strength of more than 900 MPa was installed on the roll-forming machine. This minimises wear on the machine and ensures consistently high profile quality with minimal tolerances.
- Time to marketsavings
- Low investment costs
- Energy-efficient and wear-minimised manufacturing process
"PROFILMETALL convinced us with an excellent concept. The machine supplied has been working trouble-free for years and is a considerable relief for our manufacturing process."
Rib profile aviation
The manufacture of a profiling system for frame profiles with various radii of curvature, both in titanium and in high-strength aluminium.
- Processing of titanium
- Processing of high-strength aluminium in a deep-frozen state
- High production speeds (titanium 10 m/min, aluminium 35 m/min)
- The profiling system developed by us influences the profile cross-section in a very targeted manner via partial rolling of certain profile areas
- Despite different materials with very different material properties, the plant enables the desired rounding variants
- Several separate operations could be saved by integrating different processes in one plant
- Fast product manufacturing
- Production of all required variants
- Savings of several separate operations
- High availability of the plant
"We have put off investing in this plant for far too long. The result and the productivity gained is impressive."
Beading profiling shutters
A profiling system for the production of aluminium shutters as part of a complete plant.
- Despite the width of the profile, the flatness of the sheet should be maintained
- Integration of roll forming into a customer’s own production process
- So far manufactured by a cant press bench, production times are to be significantly reduced
- The basic prerequisite for the solution was good coordination with the customer’s project team.
- We developed a machine with two pairs of rollers, one of which is almost 1.5 m wide and has a diameter of 300 mm.
- The changeover from a cant press bench to roll forming technology speeds up the production process immensely.
- By integrating the forming process into the production of complete shutters, several operations were saved.
- The process-safe flatness made the integration of beading production into the overall process possible in the first place.
- 10 x shorter production times
- High quality and process-reliable flatness
- Saving of multiple operations
- Perfect integration of beading production into the overall process
"The tool design for the flatness requirements of the aluminium profiles fitted immediately."
Reinforcement profile for Roller shutter boxes
Production of a compact (mobile!) machine that produces galvanised steel reinforcement profiles in the desired lengths directly on the construction site in accordance with the order, starting from a quantity of 1.
- Integrate a 2 mm thick galvanised steel strip into a compact tool to create a mobile machine
- Protect against dust and dirt to ensure the machine delivers the best quality on site
- Although 2 mm thick galvanised steel is to be processed, we were able to design a compact machine
- The machine saves the customer time-consuming bending processes on the construction site
- The required reinforcement profile is available directly at the place of use (construction site)
- Any desired quantity can be produced from as little as 1 piece
- The machine is optimally protected from external influences thanks to a protective housing
- Customer sorting through on-site production based on demand
- Costly logistics are eliminated
- Quickness and cost savings
"With the new mobile profiling system, we are quickly on site and produce profiles as needed directly at the construction site. Super-efficient and environmentally friendly!"
Heat baffle solar collector
Profiling system for the production of heat-conducting plates for a solar thermal system that uses sunlight to heat a liquid passing through it.
- Copper with Sunselect coating
- The extremely sensitive surface of the base material must not be damaged
- High precision of the groove necessary to ensure optimal heat transfer
- We designed the tool in such a way that the tape is gently formed and the surface purity of the tape is not damaged. In this way, the absorption properties of the material were completely preserved
- Despite the gentle forming, we achieved a high precision of the groove, which leads to an improved heat transfer. The previous calculations of heat transfer to the liquid were even exceeded
- The new system also enables faster and more economical production
- High groove precision
- Improved product characteristics
- Higher efficiency
- More economical production
"Due to the highest precision in the groove, the result of the heat transfer to the fluid - and thus the energy carrier - has improved significantly. Profilmetall has thus clearly exceeded our expectations."
Manufacturing of a machine for the joining of simultaneously formed stainless steel profiles at high machine speeds.
- Simultaneous forming and bonding of two materials with different wall thicknesses
- Profiling and bonding of a plastic profile
- Profiling and co-extruding with plastic
- Processing tape thicknesses from 0.08 mm
- From the development stage onwards, we supported the customer in product realisation and carried out feasibility studies
- The production line runs extremely fast at 70 m/min and welds inline
- Variously thick materials that have optimised properties for the respective application (thermal conduction, subsequent forming, insulation, etc.) can be joined together
- A flying separation cut with a special multi-knife separation tool guarantees that the geometry of the profile is not deformed during separation
- Through our comprehensive service package, we enable fast and short response times and thus quick spare parts and tool supply
- Quickness and high quality
- Product variance
- Joining materials of different thicknesses
"Initially we planned to integrate the solid-state laser ourselves. But it proved to be immensely difficult. It is down to the expertise and commitment of PROFILMETALL that we received an operational profiling system with productiveness that exceeded our expectations by far and hat was finished within the planned schedule."
Development of a profiling system for the production of an aluminium-plastic damping profile for sun protection venetian blinds.
- The different properties of different materials are to be used in a composite profile for darkening and noise reduction
- The base material has different properties; for example, yellow is painted three times to make it cover, this affects the thickness and hardness of the profile
- Profilmetall Engineering was involved in the development of the new machine right from the product development stage
- The different properties of the base material were taken into account in the design and tool layout. Our tool is stable when using the different colours and thus the different material properties
- The rubber band (“Bolt rope”) is rolled inline directly in production
- Inexpensive, compact solution with low costs
- Customer benefits from Profilmetall Engineering’s know-how
- Support during development
- Feasibility studies in collaboration with customers and designers
" The processing expertise of PROFILMETALL for different materials in one forming process is impressive and very purposeful for the functionality of external venetian blinds we wanted."
LED light holder profile
Manufacture of a profiling system for a support profile for the production of LED luminaires.
- Moulding of pre-painted steel without any surface marks
- Tight tolerances for complex profile geometry and hole pattern
- Numerous length variants
- Guarantee high availability after delivery of the profiling line
- The profiling system works at high speeds, yet maintains the tightest tolerances and produces a stable profile
- Due to the flying parting cut, which is already prepared during pre-punching, the overall process does not have to be stopped
- The system is completely integrated into the assembly line – from coil to packaging ready for dispatch
- A comprehensive service package and forward-looking spare parts planning ensure a permanently high availability of the plant
- Quickness and high quality
- Fast amortisation of investment costs
- High plant availability
"Profilmetall Engineering combines the know-how for profiling systems and for series production. That is why we have entrusted our in-house profiling processes to this competent team."